Story By: CHRIS MOORE / SHORT TRACK SUPER SERIES – SHREVEPORT, LA – Continued growth. The schedule is in place for the second season of the Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco ‘Cajun Region’ with a 14-race schedule at 10 facilities across three states (Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas).
Increased car counts during the inaugural ‘Cajun Region’ last year set the stage for an expanded slate of events.
New for the 2022 season:
· Superbowl Speedway in Greenville, Texas hosts the series for the first time on March 26, the season opener.
· Boothill Speedway (Greenwood, La.) booked a pair of ‘Cajun Region’ dates (April 9 and Sept. 10) after hosting the ‘Cajun Swing’ last year.
· Under new management with numerous upgrades, Sabine Speedway in Many, La., welcomes the series on two occasions (May 20 and Aug. 26).
· The newly renamed Rocket Raceway Park (Petty, Texas) hosts the series on Saturday, June 18.
· The state-of-the-art The Rev in Monroe, La., joins the series for a points-season event on Saturday, July 23. Like Boothill, the Rev hosted a ‘Cajun Swing’ event last November.
· The ‘Cajun Region’ debuts in Arkansas on Friday, September 23 at 67 Speedway of Texarkana, Ark.
Returning to the schedule are Super Bee Speedway (Chatham, La.), Thunder Valley Speedway (Glenmora, La.), Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, La.), sold by longtime owner Gene Boyter and now operated by Ralo Pilkington, and Big O Speedway in Ennis, Texas, which is the site of the ’22 championship-deciding event.
Day Motor Sports of Tyler, Texas returns as the presenting sponsor of the ‘Cajun Region’ point series for the second year in a row.
Caleb Dillard of Robeline, La., picked up the inaugural STSS ‘Cajun Region’ crown last season, taking home $2,000 from the $8,000 point fund.
After the conclusion of the points season in October, attention turns to the five-race ‘Cajun Swing’ in November pitting the Northeastern STSS stars against the Louisiana and Texas locals Nov. 8-12 with events at Boothill (Nov. 8, $4,000 to win), Ark-La-Tex (Nov. 9 and 10, $4,000 and $5,000 to win, respectively), Super Bee (Nov. 11, $4,000 to win) and The Rev (Nov. 12, $20,000 to win).
2022 Short Track Super Series ‘Cajun Region’ Schedule of Events
- Saturday, March 26 – Superbowl Speedway/Greenville, Texas – Points Begin
- Saturday, April 9 – Boothill Speedway/Greenwood, La.
- Saturday, May 14 – Thunder Valley Speedway/Glenmora, La.
- Friday, May 20 – Sabine Speedway/Many, La.
- Saturday, May 28 – Super Bee Speedway/Chatham, La.
- Saturday, June 18 – Rocket Raceway Park/Petty, Texas
- Saturday, July 9 – Ark-La-Tex Speedway/Vivian, La.
- Saturday, July 23 – The Rev/Monroe, La.
- Saturday, July 30 – Super Bee Speedway/Chatham, La.
- Friday, August 26 – Sabine Speedway/Many, La.
- Saturday, August 27 – Thunder Valley Speedway/Glenmora, La.
- Saturday, September 10 – Boothill Speedway/Greenwood, La.
- Friday, September 23 – 67 Speedway of Texarkana/Texarkana, Ark.
- Saturday, October 15 – Big O Speedway/Ennis, Texas – Points End
2022 Short Track Super Series ‘Cajun Swing’ Schedule of Events
- Tuesday, November 8 – Boothill Speedway/Greenwood, La. – 40 laps, $4,000 to win, $400 to start
- Wednesday, November 9 – Ark-La-Tex Speedway/Vivian, La. – 40 laps, $4,000 to win, $400 to start
- Thursday, November 10 – Ark-La-Tex Speedway/Vivian, La. – 40 laps, $5,000 to win, $400 to start
- Friday, November 11 – Super Bee Speedway/Chatham, La. – 40 laps, $4,000 to win, $400 to start
- Saturday, November 12 – The Rev/Monroe, La. – 50 laps, $20,000 to win, $500 to