Story By: RON SCZCERBA / FONDA SPEEDWAY – FONDA, NY – As 2022 comes to a close, plans are moving forward to the 2023 season at the “Track of Champions” Fonda Speedway.
The annual car show will be held at the Viaport Rotterdam on Friday through Sunday March 24-26.
The 2023 schedule was recently released with the excitement of 410-Sprint cars returning to Fonda on Saturday, May 20 when the Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions comes to the “Track of Champions” along with the $10,000 to win “Firecracker 50” on Sunday, July 2 and the $53,000 to win “Fonda 200 Weekend” on Thursday through Saturday September 14-16.
The complete schedule can be seen by going to the Fonda Speedway website and clicking on the schedule tab at the top left of the home page.
The first ever “Dave Lape Memorial” event will be held on Saturday, May 27.
Fonda Speedway welcomes the following division sponsors to the Montgomery County Fairgrounds track for the 2023 season including:
- Amsterdam Truck Center (new sponsor for the Modified division)
- Swagger Factory Apparel (returning sponsor for the Crate 602 Sportsman division)
- Montgomery County Office for Aging Inc. (returning sponsor for the Limited Sportsman division)
- Below Zero Ice Cream (new sponsor for the Pro Stock division)
- Fonda Fair (returning sponsor of the Four Cylinder division).