World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Teams Earned More Money Than Ever During 2022 Racing Season
Story By: BRIAN WALKER / WORLD OF OUTLAWS – CONCORD, NC – A million-dollar points fund and a brand-new bonus program in 2022 combined with the largest purse payouts in history has created record earnings for full-time World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series teams.
Along with a record-high $200,000 championship payout – and $100,000 payout for the runner-up – Sprint Car teams also battled for four six-figure paydays at World of Outlaws sanctioned events throughout the season – $100,000 at Huset’s High Bank Nationals, $100,000 at Eldora’s Historical Big One, $175,000 at Eldora’s Kings Royal, and $175,000 at the Knoxville Nationals.
Between the 14 full-time teams (not counting the other 366 competitors), nearly $5 million dollars was amassed between purse payout, points fund, bonus program and tow money.
For the first time in the 45-year history of the World of Outlaws, four full-time operations earned more than a half-million dollars:
- Kasey Kahne Racing #49 ($595,075)
- Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing #15 ($582,765)
- Big Game Motorsports #2 ($545,615)
- Stenhouse Jr. / Marshall Racing #17 ($504,525)
Beyond the top tier, teams are still earning record numbers throughout the field with nine operations reeling in more than $300,000 this season.
- Jason Johnson Racing #41 ($487,565)
- Shark Racing #1S ($433,275)
- Shark Racing #1A ($353,175)
- Roth Motorsports #83 ($345,625)
- CJB Motorsports #5 ($307,525)
Additional earnings included:
- Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z ($233,650)
- Kinser Racing #11K ($152,770)
- Rico Abreu Racing #7S ($143,030)
- Ran-No-Gass Racing #20G ($112,125)
- Bill Rose Racing #6 ($73,750)
“We continue to strive to not only make sure the fans are getting the most out of a season but our drivers and teams, too,” said World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter. “We brought record purses and payouts in 2022, on top of introducing a million-dollar bonus program and handed out $1.4 million in the championship points fund at the end of the year. I’m excited about what we have planned for 2023.”