Story By: NICK GRAZIANO / DIRTCAR – WEEDSPORT, NY – The Northeast’s DIRTcar 358 Modified Series is set to thrill fans throughout New York and beyond in 2023, including Super DIRT Week 51.
From April to October, the best drivers in the region will showcase their talents across 15 different tracks spanning from Ontario to North Carolina with New York and Vermont in between.
“Between the level of competition in the DIRTcar Northeast divisions and the exceptional tracks we go to, I’m excited for fans to see what we have in store for 2023,” DIRTcar Northeast Series Director Dean Reynolds said. “We had several thrilling events last year and the championship conclusions came down to the wire. I believe we’re poised to carry that momentum into 2023 for another great season.”
Every event on the 2023 calendar for the DIRTcar 358 Modifieds is one marquee race after another.
The Series will commence its 2023 tour at Can-Am Speedway, April 14, during the first night of the new two-day Thunder on the 1000 Islands. It’ll round out spring at Fulton Speedway during the High Bank Holdup Weekend, April 29, and run one race in the summer at Glen Ridge Motorsports Park for the Mohawk Valley Showdown, June 4.
In the fall, the Series will build toward its championship conclusion with stops at Can-Am Speedway again for the Showdown in September, Weedsport Speedway for the Cavalcade Weekend, Albany-Saratoga during the Malta Massive Weekend and then Super DIRT Week.
Before competing in the $20,000-to-win Salute to the Troops 150 at Oswego Speedway, Oct. 7, the 358 Modifieds will return to Brewerton Speedway for the popular Super DIRT Week satellite show – the Hurricane Harvey 75.
The Series will wrap up its season in Canada at Brockville Ontario Speedway for the $10,000-to-win Fall Nationals and crown a new champion.
- Friday, April 14 / Can-Am Speedway / $4,000 to win
- Saturday, April 29 / Fulton Speedway / $4,000 to win
- Sunday, June 4 / Glen Ridge Motorsports Park / $4,000 to win
- Friday, Sept. 8 / Can-Am Speedway / $4,000 to win
- Saturday, Sept. 9 / Weedsport Speedway / $5,000 to win
- Friday, Sept. 22 / Albany-Saratoga Speedway / $4,000 to win
- Wednesday, Oct. 4 / Brewerton Speedway / $4,000 to win
- Saturday, Oct. 7 / Oswego Speedway / $20,000 to win
- Saturday. Oct. 14 / Brockville Ontario Speedway / $10,000 to win