Story By: BRYAN HULBERT / CHILI BOWL – TULSA, OK – The list of drivers invited to compete in the 15th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Invitational Race of Champions has been set, with drivers from all walks of life invited to join in the annual exhibition of talent.
Combining Chili Bowl winners, both Saturday and Prelim, as well as past Race of Champions winners, series champions, and drivers invited by the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire, the number of drivers slated to compete currently numbers nineteen.
“This is a neat part of the Chili Bowl, where we can showcase champions and drivers across the sport in a race that some, otherwise, would not have the chance to go head-to-head. It’s become something that teams and fans look forward to,” said Event Director Matt Ward.
Taking place during Monday’s Cummins Qualifying Night, and the list of invites is as follows.
2023 O’Reilly Auto Parts Invitational Race Of Champions Roster:
- Tanner Thorson – 2022 Chili Bowl Champion
- Justin Grant – 2022 Race of Champions Winner / USAC Sprint Car Champion
- Tanner Carrick – 2022 Prelim Night Winner
- Rico Abreu – 2022 Prelim Night Winner / 2015-2016 Chili Bowl Champion
- Buddy Kofoid – 2022 USAC Midget Champion
- Chad Boat – 2018 Race of Champions Winner
- Blake Hahn – 2022 Lucas Oil ASCS Champion
- Brenham Crouch – 2022 POWRi Midget Champion
- Zach Daum – 2022 Xtreme Outlaw Midget Champion
- Spencer Bayston – 2018 Saturday Podium Finish
- Cannon McIntosh – 2020 Saturday Podium Finish
- Kody Swanson – 2022 USAC Silver Crown Champion
- Logan Seavey – Invite, Owner Champion – Kevin Swindell
- Sammy Swindell – The GOAT In This Building
- Tim McCreadie – 2006 Chili Bowl Champion, 2022 Lucas Oil Late Model Champion
- Damion Gardner – 2008 Chili Bowl Champion
- Michael Pickens – International Champion, Invited by the Chili Bowl
- Chase Briscoe – Invited by the Chili Bowl
- Alex Bowman – Invited by the Chili Bowl
The standards for an invitation are:
- Drivers finishing in the Top 3 of Saturday night’s A-Feature during the previous five Chili Bowls will be eligible.
- Drivers finishing in the Top 2 of the past five Race of Champions events will be eligible.
- Preliminary Night Winners from the most recent Chili Bowl will be eligible.
- Series Champions from the most recent calendar year in the World of Outlaws Sprint Cars, American Sprint Car Series National Tour, All-Star Circuit of Champions, USAC National Midgets, USAC National Sprint Cars, and POWRi National Midget League, Xtreme Outlaw Midgets will be invited to compete.
- Champions and Drivers of other Tours and Series may be added at the Chili Bowl’s discretion.
- No Driver substitutions or alternates from a sanctioning body will be allowed.
- Starting Lineup for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Invitational Race Of Champions will be set by Group Qualifying. Drivers will draw for their qualifying position, then qualify in groups of three to four. Drivers will get two warmup laps, then three green flap laps to set their time. The Top 8 fastest will be inverted, with the ninth fastest on back lined up straight up by their time.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts Invitational Race Of Champions Feature will be 25 Laps.