Eastern Ontario Vintage Stock Car Club Releases Preliminary Schedule For 2023 Season
Story By: JIM CLARKE / EASTERN ONTARIO VINTAGE STOCK CAR CLUB – BROCKVILLE, ONT – With the arrival of spring about a month away, officials with the Eastern Ontario Vintage Stock Car Club have released a tentative version of the group’s 2023 schedule.
Early indications show 16 dates on this year’s line-up, with the opening green flag set for Saturday, May 13th at Brockville Ontario Speedway. There will also be events at Cornwall Motor Speedway and a return to Can Am Speedway on the agenda, before Western swing with shows Friday, June 30th at Ohsweken Speedway and a Canada Day spotlight Saturday, July 1st at Merrittville. Both shows will be run in conjunction with the Niagara Vintage Racing Series.
“Our drivers and teams are looking forward to getting back on the track for a new season,” said E.O.V.S.C.C. spokesperson and race director Steve Billings. “For the first time in the club’s history, we’ll have a triple-header weekend – Friday, June 9th to Sunday, June 11th – at Can Am, Brockville and Cornwall. The Can Am event is the first of a pair of dates in New York State, that also includes a Friday, September 16th stop at Mohawk International Raceway.”
Patrick Charland will be chasing his 3rd straight championship in the 50’s/60’s class, with Jason Riddell coming back to defend his title in a very competitive 70’s/80’s division. Billings also says that club officials are thankful to Paul Kirkland and the team at Brockville Speedway for having the group on-hand for both nights of this year’s edition of the Dirt Outlaw Apparel/King Edward Auto Parts Northeast Fall Nationals, to decide the point 2023 crowns.
Tentative 2023 Eastern Ontario Vintage Stock Car Club schedule:
- Saturday, May 13th Brockville Ontario Speedway
- Sunday, May 28th Cornwall Motor Speedway
- Friday, June 9th Can Am Speedway
- Saturday, June 10th Brockville Ontario Speedway
- Sunday, June 11th Cornwall Motor Speedway
- Friday, June 30th Ohsweken Speedway
- Saturday, July 1st Merrittville Speedway
- Saturday, July 8th Brockville Ontario Speedway
- Sunday, July 30th Cornwall Motor Speedway
- Saturday, August 12th Brockville Ontario Speedway
- Saturday, August 26th Brockville Ontario Speedway
- Sunday, August 27th Cornwall Motor Speedway
- Friday, September 16th Mohawk International Raceway
- Friday, October 13th Brockville Ontario Speedway
- Saturday, October 14th Brockville Ontario Speedway
Date to be determined:
Cornwall Motor Speedway
Canadian Super Dirt Weekend