All Systems Go For Big Diamond Speedway’s Practice Sunday, April 2nd
Story By: BIG DIAMOND SPEEDWAY – MINERSVILLE, PA – The countdown has begun, only three weeks remain until race cars hit the track for practice at the Big Diamond Speedway.
That’s right, Sunday April 2nd, Big Diamond promoters Jake and Jasmine Smulley will swing open the gates at the speedway so teams can prepare for the upcoming 2023 season.
The pit gates will open at 10:30 AM with cars set to hit the track for practice from 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM. Practice is open to any type of race car with a roll cage.
- Grandstand admission is free
- Pit fee is $35
- S & D Bodyline will be on hand to sell parts and tires
- There will not be any fuel for sale at the Big Diamond this season
- There will not be any transponders to rent this season, all teams and drivers must bring their own
- Season passes can be purchased at the pit sign in window
- All drivers, please check in at the pit shack so we can get an accurate count of drivers/divisions
- Those wishing to purchase and reserve seats in the grandstand area can do so from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. This is the last chance to renew your reserved seats. All seats not renewed will be removed and sold at first come, first reserve. A staff member will assist you in the grandstand area during that time.
- The pit concession stand will be open, serving both the pit and grandstand side
On Saturday, April 1st the town of Minersville, PA in conjunction with the Big Diamond Speedway will present the 2nd annual Parade of Power. The event will take place from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM. There will be race cars on display for the crowd to checkout along with a plethora of food trucks offering up a wide variety of cuisine.
A Beer Garden will be available along with multiple activities and novelties. Entertainment will be provided by Coby Tyler & The Gypsy Convoy.
Once the parade and practice are complete, it will be time to get down to business for the 51st season of racing at the Big Diamond Speedway on Friday, April 7th for the first annual “Thaw Brawl”. The Quandel Concrete Modifieds will compete for a top prize of $4,051. The USS Achey Crate Sportsman will race for a winner’s prize of $1,051 along with the Red White and Blue Autos Roadrunners who will race for $551 to win.
Promoter Jake Smulley has been working hard to prepare the Schuylkill County dirt oval for this season’s competition. The racing at Big Diamond last year was some of the best we have ever seen. The track surface was near perfect all season long. New clay has been added to the speedway over the winter months to keep the track surface smooth and racy for the upcoming season.