Sprint Cars Of New England Building Momentum For 20th Season In ’23 With Increased Winner’s Purses
Story By: JUSTIN ST. LOUIS / SPRINT CARS OF NEW ENGLAND – FREEDOM, NH – The Sprint Cars of New England (SCoNE) tour celebrates a milestone in 2023 as it enters its 20th season of competition, and all indications point to a year filled with positive momentum and growth.
The wild, winged, and wicked fast cars will contest a balanced schedule of 15 events, with many of those races boasting increased purses for the winners.
The series’ anchor tracks will continue to be the quarter-mile dirt oval at Bradford, Vt.’s Bear Ridge Speedway; New Hampshire’s quarter-mile Legion Speedway, located on the town line between Rumney and Wentworth; and the big half-mile at Devil’s Bowl Speedway in West Haven, Vermont. The SCoNE tour will also return to The Flat Track at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) in Loudon with a support race for the NASCAR Cup Series weekend.
Competitors will receive more at the payoff window for most events. Devil’s Bowl Speedway has pledged a minimum $1,000 to the winner at each of its events, Bear Ridge has significantly increased its commitment to SCoNE by offering $900 to win, and the Friday Night Dirt Duels at NHMS will pay a whopping $3,000 to the winner.
The SCoNE season opens on Mother’s Day weekend, on Saturday, May 13, with the first of four trips to Devil’s Bowl. The winged warriors are back on Memorial Day weekend on Sunday, May 28, and then again on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, September 3, as part of the Vermont 200 event.
Bear Ridge’s first of five races will also be on Memorial Day weekend, leading off on Saturday, May 27. “The Ridge” has a once-a-month slate for SCoNE, with additional Saturday-night stops on June 24, July 22, August 26, and the SCoNE championship finale September 16.
Legion Speedway hosts its first of five Friday-night races on June 2, followed by events on June 30, July 28, August 18, and September 15. Purses for Legion Speedway’s SCoNE events will be announced later.
The unique Flat Track at New Hampshire Motor Speedway will bring the SCoNE Sprint Cars back under the lights on Friday, July 14, kicking off the Crayon 301 weekend for the NASCAR Cup Series. Also appearing on the card at the Friday Night Dirt Duels will be the Dirt Midget Association and the Granite State Mini Sprints.
The Sprint Cars of New England tour is home to the Northeast’s fastest cars on dirt, with winged, 700-horsepower machines racing at more than 125 mph. Driver registrations are filtering in, and indications point to another year of increased competitor support.
Sprint Cars of New England (SCoNE) 2023 Schedule:
1. Sat., May 13 – Devil’s Bowl Speedway – West Haven, VT – $1,000 to win
2. Sat., May 27 – Bear Ridge Speedway – Bradford, VT – $900 to win
3. Sun., May 28 – Devil’s Bowl Speedway – West Haven, VT – $1,200 to win
4. Fri., June 2 – Legion Speedway – Rumney, NH
5. Sat., June 24 – Bear Ridge Speedway – Bradford, VT – $900 to win
6. Fri., June 30 – Legion Speedway – Rumney, NH
7. Sat., July 8 – Devil’s Bowl Speedway – West Haven, VT – $1,000 to win
8. Fri., July 14 – The Flat Track at New Hampshire Motor Speedway – Loudon, NH – $3,000 to win
9. Sat., July 22 – Bear Ridge Speedway – Bradford, VT – $900 to win
10. Fri., July 28 – Legion Speedway – Rumney, NH
11. Fri., Aug. 18 – Legion Speedway – Rumney, NH
12. Sat., Aug. 26 – Bear Ridge Speedway – Bradford, VT – $900 to win
13. Sun., Sept. 3 – Devil’s Bowl Speedway – West Haven, VT – $1,500 to win
14. Fri., Sept. 15 – Legion Speedway – Rumney, NH
15. Sat., Sept. 16 – Bear Ridge Speedway – Bradford, VT – $900 to win