Story By: KALI LANDIS / BAPS MOTOR SPEEDWAY – YORK HAVEN, PA – “Racing for Outreach” is an innovative program designed to harness the excitement and thrill of Wingless Super Sportsman racing as a powerful platform to raise awareness for mental health and suicide prevention.
This unique initiative aims to engage local school districts by combining the adrenaline-fueled world of Wingless Super Sportsman racing with the critical conversation surrounding mental health.
The program will feature a series of high-profile Wingless Super Sportsman races partnered with BAPS Motor Speedway, strategically organized to attract a broad demographic of spectators, enthusiasts, and participants. These events will serve as more than just thrilling competitions; they will also serve as platforms for education and advocacy, promoting mental health awareness and suicide prevention.
We have 5 scheduled races supporting Racing for Outreach on the following dates:
- Saturday March 30th
- Sunday April 14th
- Saturday June 22nd (Racing for Outreach Community Event)
- Saturday August 17th (Racing for Outreach Community Event Rain Date)
- Saturday October 26th (6th Annual Britton Finkenbinder Memorial Race)
Key features of the “Racing for Outreach” program include:
- High-Profile Racing Events:
- Exciting Wingless Super Sportsman races with top-tier drivers will be organized at well-known racing venues to draw a large and diverse audience.
- Races will be strategically scheduled to coincide with mental health awareness initiatives or relevant campaigns, maximizing the impact of the outreach efforts.
- Educational Initiatives:
- In collaboration with The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and others, the program will incorporate visits with local schools to display race cars and engage with students.
- Resources such as brochures, pamphlets, and online materials will be distributed to provide valuable information about mental health, warning signs, and available support services.
- Driver and Team Involvement:
- Wingless Super Sportsman drivers and racing teams will actively participate in promoting mental health awareness.
- Testimonials and personal stories may be shared to humanize the conversation around mental health, demonstrating that seeking help is a sign of strength.
- Community Engagement:
- Local communities will be encouraged to participate in and support the events, fostering a sense of unity and shared responsibility for mental health awareness.
- Fundraising activities, such as charity auctions and donation drives, will be organized to generate financial support for mental health organizations and related efforts.
- Media Partnerships:
- Collaborations with media outlets, both within the motorsports industry and mainstream channels, will be sought to amplify the reach of the program.
- Documentary-style content and interviews will be produced to share the stories of individuals who have overcome mental health challenges.
- Digital and Social Media Campaigns:
- A strong online presence will be maintained through social media platforms, streaming services, and a dedicated website.
- Hashtags and challenges related to mental health awareness will be promoted, encouraging participants to share their experiences and engage with the cause.